Monday, January 19, 2009

The Inauguration of the New Owners of O'Cajcen Seafood

That's right folks...you read it right. It is time for me to step down. It been 5 years since I opened the doors of O'Cajcen but my time has run out. Many of you know I was on the verge of closing the restaurant in December but chose to keep it open to allow everyone one last tast of O'Cajcen Seafood's award winning crawfish and other Cajun favorites.

I feel a little sad that I'm passing on my baby but at the same time happy that I could bring joy to many people's lives...especially the ones who said they couldn't find food from "back home" anywhere else. That was a huge compliment. I really want to thank everyone especially the ones who have been so faithful and the many who have been coming since we opened.

Ok...ok...enough of the mushy stuff. In a weird turn of events, this past week I was approached by someone who you are already familar with that wanted to purchase the restaurant and wanted to carry on the tradition of O'Cajcen Seafood and hopefully bring it up to a new level that I was unable to since I am gone. This couple already knows the restaurant inside and out and are ready to serve you.

I'm glad to announce the 2nd owner of O'Cajcen Seafood is none other than my sister and her husband Lisa and Shane Chaney. That's right...my sister has been working at O'Cajcen for the past 3 yrs (?) and Shane has been helping her on and off. Many people actually thought he was I. With them being there and more hands on, they will be able to listen to your concerns and be able to improve on your experience at O'Cajcen. They are both open minded and want to hear your opinions.

As for me, I will be in Louisiana work as an electrical engineer for Fluor for a couple more months. I'm currently looking at what my next business adventure will be and I'm sure this won't be the last time you hear from me. Of course I'll be still helping out now and then but for the most part, Lisa and Shane will be there to help you.

If you would like to keep up with my adventures, subscribe to this blog. I'll be posting often to it. Again, thanks for everything and I hope you enjoy O'Cajcen even more, I know Lisa and Shane will be happy to have ya' in.

Please leave any comments below about anything, the restaurant, suggestions, life, other comments.

John Barry
Former O'Cajcen King

P.S. Last week I sent an email about the announcement of crawfish coming in. Its true, but I accidentally put my personal cell phone in the email instead of the restaurants. I wish I could sell you some but I can't, so call the restaurant instead at (281) 993-1779.

P.S.S. Click2Houston is conducting their annual "best of" contest and we are up for Best Cajun/Creole restuarant and we could use your help. Just click here and vote. Thanks

This is an old pic. Give them a break.
New owners. Lisa, Shane and Kholer Chaney
(left to right?)

No comments: